Tabs Studio Blog (organizing Visual Studio document tabs)

March 4, 2017

Tabs Studio v4.1 released

Filed under: Releases — Tags: — Sergey Vlasov @ 4:47 pm

Tabs Studio v4.1.0 released:

• Added support for Visual Studio 2017 RC4.
  • Created a separate installer for Visual Studio 2008.
  • Enabled the TrackEd add-in by default.
  • Added a missing style to show tab executing and debugging images in SSMS 2016.
  • Added a left margin for tab executing and debugging images in SSMS.
  • Removed references to VS 2008 from import/export settings.
  • Fixed a rare ArgumentException in VSDocument.get_full_name for SSMS 2016.
  • Fixed a rare COMException in VSDirectory.process_project_item.
  • Fixed a rare NullReferenceException in Navigator.Tabs.GetTabIndex.

Download link: Tabs Studio v4.1.0.

7 Comments

1. i have a problem. The TabStudio extension is not install on both of VS2015 / VS2017. The installer detect only the latest version. please suggest me, thank you.

Comment by Pichetpongs — March 9, 2017 @ 11:56 pm

• Sorry for this problem. Can you please uninstall Tabs Studio and install it with logging turned on:
      msiexec /i TabsStudio_410.msi /l*vx TabsStudioLog.txt
      And send me the log for analysis to support@TabsStudio.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — March 10, 2017 @ 12:21 pm

2. I am using the Released version of Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 and Tab Studio installs but it does not work or show up on the Tabs like it did before with the VS Enterprise 2017 RC’s or Visual Studio Enterprise 2015. It still works as expected on 2015 but the tabs in VS 2017 are all separate and no menu option in the tab for Tab Studio. I am installing v4.1.0 and using my license key.

Comment by Danny McNaught — March 15, 2017 @ 7:01 pm

3. Where do I send: TabsStudioLog.txt

Comment by Danny McNaught — March 15, 2017 @ 7:12 pm

4. I had a very wierd bug with TabsStudio 4.1.0 and VS2017 – my shift and Ctrl keys did not work (I could not do Ctrl-A in editor, Shift-Down or Shift-Right) until I disabled TabsStudio extension.
    After it everything went normal, and stayed so even after re-enabling TabsStudio. So no repro, sorry.

Comment by Vladimir Bukreev — April 20, 2017 @ 11:29 pm

• Thank you for sharing your experience. I currently have no explanation how that could happen.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — April 21, 2017 @ 6:13 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Blog at WordPress.com.