Tabs Studio v2.2.5 released:
- Added real tabs preview to the Options dialog.
- Added the Disable Tabs Studio option.
- Changed tabs tool window background to match Visual Studio background in VS 2010.
- Fixed missing stdole.dll exception for some partial VS 2005 and VS 2010 installations.
- Fixed opening relative files in other directories for solutions with unloaded projects.
- Fixed assertion violation when changing example paths in Path Grouping options to root or upper directory values.
Comments Off on Tabs Studio v2.2.5 released
When fine tuning tabs presentation options and grouping rules, it is very convenient to immediately preview results. Current preview facilities are helpful, but don’t fully show how actual document tabs will look, forcing us to save options, look at actual tabs and open the options dialog again. To provide a better experience, I’ve added real tabs preview visible from all option pages and containing a snapshot of actual tabs:
Real tabs preview
All presentation and grouping options are immediately reflected in the preview. To maximize effect, for the Stack
layout preview goes to the right:
Stack layout preview on the right
Document path tooltips are now available in a preview to provide necessary information while setting path grouping rules:
Document path tooltips in a preview
In VS 2010 the background for tabs preview now matches the background of Visual Studio environment, making transparent tabs (like those provided by Jameel Al-Aziz’s Visual Studio 2010 theme
) look natural in the preview:
Transparent tabs preview on the system background color
Comments Off on Real tabs preview
Tabs Studio supports several IDEs (VS 2010/2008/2005, SSMS 2008/2005, VS LightSwitch and PowerBuilder .NET 12.0), so you may want to revert to default tabs in some of these products. Usually you can disable Tabs Studio going to host’s Add-in Manager dialog, but not in SQL Server Management Studio. Specifically for SSMS that lacks built-in Add-in Manager, I’ve added the new option to disable Tabs Studio:
Disable Tabs Studio option
When checked, Tabs Studio tabs are not visible, but Tabs Studio toolbar is still available and you can enable Tabs Studio back if needed.