Tabs Studio Blog (organizing Visual Studio document tabs)

January 8, 2010

Tabs Studio v1.7.11 is released

Filed under: Releases — Sergey Vlasov @ 12:33 pm

Tabs Studio v1.7.11 is released – added the Show tabs in a separate window option.

7 Comments

1. Is it possible to make tabs to continue in one row like delphi tabs…

I think to buy this product.

Comment by ozgur — January 8, 2010 @ 5:27 pm

• It is not currently possible. Tabs are in one row only if there is enough horizontal space. Tabs Studio can’t hide tabs and uses multiple rows if needed.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — January 8, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

• But when second row visible, same of the first rows tab go to second row so tabs place are mixed again and my photographic memory is mixed too.

Is it possible to only show last tab ( not enough space in the first row ) on the second row as optionally.

Comment by ozgur — January 13, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

• It is not currently possible with the standard TabPanel control I use.

It would be nice indeed to have tabs in natural size (not expanding them) and move only excessive tabs to the next row. I’ll look into creating custom tabs layout control after 1.8.0 release.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — January 13, 2010 @ 2:19 pm

• If you can understand tab control panel(tcpanel) make second row , you can create new tcpanel under the first tcpanel and you can put the last tab in it. My be it can be simple way.

Comment by ozgur — January 13, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

2. I am receiving exceptions with Tabs Studio v1.7.11.

It may be related to Showing tabs in separate window because that’s when the issue started. I had to disable the add-in and re-enable it to get it working again. The issue seemed to go away once I turned the Show tabs in separate window off.

With v1.7.2, after prolonged use, I was having an issues that selecting tabs with the mouse would stop working; (it appeared to be frozen but I could still Ctrl-Tab between windows. I had to close Visual Studio and reopen to get them working again. I will see how this it behaves in v1.7.11.

I really like this tool and want to license it, but need it to not freeze up on me.

Comment by mrnikman — January 23, 2010 @ 5:12 am

• mrnikman,

Can you send me (support@tabsstudio.com) screenshots of the exceptions that you are receiving along with information from the Help – About Microsoft Visual Studio dialog using the Copy Info button?

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — January 23, 2010 @ 3:43 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Blog at WordPress.com.