Tabs Studio Blog (organizing Visual Studio document tabs)

September 27, 2011

Tabs Studio v2.5.0 released

Filed under: Releases — Sergey Vlasov @ 7:40 pm

Tabs Studio v2.5.0 released: added basic support for Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview, fixed uninstallation of CloseAllButThisTab and EmailSupport commands.

Download link: Tabs Studio v2.5.0.

7 Comments

1. Got an error upgrading, the .msi wanted a file off my local drive and failed to find it, then at the end the error was the setup failed because it could not un-install the previous version of TabStudio, now when I re-run the installation it attempts to repair… I am confused. The repair seems successful.

Comment by Arthur (@ArthurZ) — September 27, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

• Arthur,
      A strange error. I’d like to know what file it failed to find.
      To make sure that everything is cleaned up, you can uninstall Tabs Studio from Control Panel and then install the latest version again.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — September 28, 2011 @ 7:12 am

2. Hi Sergey,

I just tested v2.5.0 with the same result as below. On my large project I cannot get it to work correctly but on a smaller test project it is fine. Any ideas why the large project displays the tab swopping behavior?

Thanks

Peter.

Previous post…

Hi,

I noticed with this build that when I returned from a debug session the order of my tabs was shuffled around. eg Tab A, Tab B, Tab C became Tab C, Tab B, Tab A (not always reversed, sometimes random).

I then deleted the settings files and disabled all add on’s with the same result. I installed the previous build, set my settings and enabled my add on’s and the problem is gone.

Thanks

Peter.

Comment by Anonymous — September 28, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

• Peter,
      I’ll try to reproduce this problem on a large project.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — September 28, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

• Peter,

I managed to reproduce an occasional tabs reorder in VS 2010 when starting a debug session introduced with Tabs Studio v2.4.5. I’ve fixed it, please have a look at the new build.

Download link: Tabs Studio v2.5.1.

Comment by Sergey Vlasov — October 1, 2011 @ 7:31 pm

• Sergey,
        Well done. Initial testing looks good… will confirm that it is fixed tomorrow.

Comment by Anonymous — October 3, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

3. Hi Sergey,
    The tab shuffle problem is fixed. Thank you.
    Peter

Comment by Anonymous — October 11, 2011 @ 3:33 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

The Shocking Blue Green Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.