“SQL Server Management Studio is an integrated environment for accessing, configuring, managing, administering, and developing all components of SQL Server.” It uses the same Visual Studio shell as Visual Studio and after making some small changes I was able to use Tabs Studio tabs in SSMS IDE. I verified that Tabs Studio integration with SSMS works on the computer with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise or Developer edition:
1. Install Tabs Studio v1.6.4
If Tabs Studio installer fails to find Visual Studio, create the Visual Studio 2008 folder in your Documents folder.
2. Register Tabs Studio for SSMS
- Download the TabsStudioSSMS_100.reg file.
- Modify path to TabsStudio.dll in this file in two places according to your settings. E.g. change C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My Documents\\Visual Studio 2008\\Addins\\TabsStudio.dll to C:\\Users\\me\\Documents\\Visual Studio 2008\\Addins\\TabsStudio.dll.
- Run modified TabsStudioSSMS_100.reg (admin rights are not required, all settings are for the current user).
3. Run SQL Server Management Studio
To disable Tabs Studio in SSMS change LoadBehavior to 0 in the reg file or directly in the registry.
I’m not a regular SSMS user. Please let me know if Tabs Studio behaves not as expected in SSMS IDE.